Code of Conduct
Athena Public Library welcomes every member of the community to use and enjoy the library’s facilities and services. To protect each individual’s access to information and library services, we have established the following rules. These behavior rules apply to the building, interior and exterior, and all property controlled and operated by Athena Public Library (such as building, drop boxes, and adjoining sidewalks and grounds, which are hereafter referred to as the "premises") and to all persons entering in or on the premises.
The library reserves the right to require anyone who violates a rule of conduct to leave the library. Refusal to leave when requested may result in arrest for trespassing. The library may deny permission for a person to enter the facilities for a specified time if that person violates these rules, or if that person has engaged in criminal behavior on library premises.
The Following Are Prohibited:
- Any disruptive or unsafe behavior
- Destroying, damaging, or defacing library property
- Engaging in unlawful sexual conduct, public indecency, or offensive touching
- Bringing animals other than guide animals into the library without permission
- Leaving children 6 years of age or under unattended except during a library-sanctioned activity
- Possessing a weapon
- Engaging in any activity prohibited by law
Please refer to the Athena Public Library Policy Manual for further information about library policies.